Most of us dread this day because we have to transition from play to work.
Mondays do not have to be stressful. Over the years, I’ve learned on how to make this day better:
- Unplug on weekends. Play and stop working, decide to stop working. It comes with the responsibility though that you have to finish whatever you are doing on Fridays. We need to unplug, even God rested on the 7th day.
- Prepare for Monday on Friday. Yes! So that you won’t have to rush or worry on the first day of the week, instead of going out early on Fridays why not spend 15 to 30 minutes preparing for the next week? Sunday after dinner is a good time too.
- Sleep early on Sunday night. Yes, if you are well rested, you’ll more likely feel great the next day. I usually go to bed at 9PM, ideally.
- Wake up earlier than most days. This is sound advice because if you are early, you’ll avoid traffic and the usual Monday morning rush and easily one stressor off your list. Even though I work from home, waking up early gives me time to prepare for my schedule for the week better.
- Look forward to #Day1. Mondays are symbolically Day 1, a new beginning, a fresh start, and a chance to conquer the world (yes, yes). You have the opportunity to start something new, continue doing something great, or stop doing something that not adding value. If you chronically dread Mondays with your current job, and if you have exhausted all means of finding a way to love it then maybe it is time to look for a new one, maybe an online job =)
What I listed are simple things I’ve taken for granted before (and from time to time I need to remember too!) Hopefully these tips are able to help you.
So, how do you make your Mondays great? Please share, because a lot of us need your tip!
Hopefully, your next Monday is way better.